I wanted to use the QNAP as a iSCSI storage for my LAB using a second interface while having full redundancy and get max bandwith (2x1GbE) for my ESXi hosts, and I didn't want that interface routed. At the same time I of course need the possibility to manage the QNAP system via the main interface, which is routed.
This CLI "hack" will at configure the QNAP for a second VLAN interface that will be persistent during reboots. It's not been verified that it works after an upgrade of the firmware, but I presumed it will.
To get this to work I presume you already have the following working:
- Network onfigured with LACP with an IP for management with gateway etc.
- A small DataVolume created in your StoragePool.
- I've created a volume of 10GB called 'SysVol01'
- In this volume there should be a .qpkg folder: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg
- QTS v4.1.0 installed (only version I've tested - 2014-06-26)
- Know how to login with ssh and edit files with 'vi'.
The configuration and output below indicates that I already have a VLAN 10 for management and I'm adding a VLAN 20 for iSCSI without gateway, and enable JumboFrames.
Click 'read more' to see the CLI configuration...